Saturday, July 5, 2014

Guess Who's/Whose Back?!






Howdy!  I am FINALLY recovered from my post-Memorial Day back injury.  For the past few weeks, I have been at home lying on bags of frozen peas, faithfully visiting the chiropractor, pickling myself in Icy Hot, and cuddling up with a shoulder/back massager.  Recovering hasn't been like flipping a light switch.  It's been more like turning a dial.  One day I'd notice that I could walk down the stairs without pain.  Another day I'd be happily surprised that I could walk as soon as I stood up from the couch rather than needing to stand until the muscle spasms pass.

 Having this time away from working out was a real downer.  I didn't realize how much I enjoy exercise and how much time it takes in my day.  (I will admit that the smaller amount of smelly clothes was kind of nice.)  Not only did I miss the challenge and the sweat that shapes my days, but I also missed working alongside and learning from a really phenomenal group of people.

For that reason, my next few posts will be about these great people and their classes, expertise, and attitudes, all the things that I missed while I was sitting on peas.  haha

No comments:

Post a Comment