Wednesday, April 1, 2015

The CrossFit Open aka 5 Weeks of Awesome!


The road to the CrossFit Games begins with the CrossFit Open.  It's pretty awesome because CrossFit athletes from all over the world perform the same workouts.  These workouts are released on Thursday evening and we have until Monday evening to submit our scores.

15.1

15 hanging knee raises
10 deadlifts (85 / 55 lb.)
5 snatches* (85 / 55 lb.)

15.1A
1-rep-max clean and jerk
6-minute time cap
I snatched 95 pounds!  

15.2
15.2
Every 3 minutes for as long as possible complete:
From 0:00-3:00
   2 rounds of:
   6 overhead squats (65 / 45 lb.)
   6 chin-over-bar pull-ups
From 3:00-6:00
   2 rounds of:
   8 overhead squats (65 / 45 lb.)
   8 chin-over-bar pull-ups
From 6:00-9:00
   2 rounds of:
   10 overhead squats (65 / 45 lb.)
   10 chin-over-bar pull-ups



I did this workout after returning from Georgetown Law School.  I had just recently celebrated being able to hang from the bar and do knee raises, so doing this workout was a special treat.  I still struggle with squats and wonder what this will look like next year.

15.3
Representing #grownwomanstrong




Complete as many rounds and reps as possible in 14 minutes of:






50 wall balls


200 single unders


I didn't think that I would get beyond one round of this WOD.  I do not have a lot of practice with single unders, and 200 reps seemed like an insurmountable task.  I got through 1 round and did an additional 41 wall balls.  I left this workout feeling extremely proud of myself.


15.4
Taylar Stallings is so cool!
Complete as many rounds and reps as possible in 8 minutes of:
10 push presses
10 cleans
Men push press 95 lb. and clean 115 lb.
Women push press 65 lb. and clean 75 lb.

Like the Open WOD before this one, I did this one after a weekend of traveling.  I had gone to LAurel Maryland, to a seminar by Elisabeth Akinwale and on this Sunday had flown back and sat on a film discussion panel.  My arms were pretty tired!


15.5
15.5
27-21-15-9 reps for time of:
Row (calories)
Thrusters (45 pounds)


This last workout had no time cap, and because of that, I was worried about how I'd do.  I did the workout in 17:18.  






No comments:

Post a Comment