Friday, May 1, 2015

Beast Tales: Beyoncé

Everyone knows that I love Beyoncé!  ok, I could do without "Baby Boy" and "Beautiful Liar."  I just never got into them.  However, Beyoncé's music and her work ethic have motivated me so much over the years.  The night before the race I took a drive to the mountain, listened to "End of Time" (my all time favorite), and gave myself a pep talk.  I also got gas and forgot I was in NJ.  I was very surprised when an attendant came up to the car.  haha

The next day, towards the end of the race, probably around mile 10, I came across a man on the side of the trail.  He looked pretty tired and had no food.  I offered him some oatmeal cookies, and he was all kinds of grateful for those little cookies!  Later on, I was walking near him and Eugene, and we came across a wall that we had to walk across.  Of course, my acrophobia showed up, and I couldn't breathe.  Right at that moment, the guy's phone rang.  It was "End Of Time."  Turns out that that was the ringtone for his fiancee!  I heard that song and was immediately able to cross the wall and finish the race.  After we went a little farther, I told him my Beyoncé story and told him to tell his fiancee that she saved my butt.

See how Bey shows up in my life and shows the hell out?!  


No comments:

Post a Comment