Saturday, August 1, 2015

Unbothered Day 1: "won't you celebrate with me"

Hey y'all!

I hope you are having the day of your dreams.  It's a little after 9 here in New Hampshire, and I'm listening to the Erykah Badu Pandora station ("Tyrone" just came on.  haha) and am super excited to write to you.  

Let's start the month off with a poem by Lucille Clifton.  



Rather than think about all the things that have gone or are going wrong, for day 1 of Unbothered (This song is all about being unbothered.  She said, "You can't use my phone"  I know that's right!)  I want to celebrate the fact that those things have not killed us.  Every thing that we might call a failure (missed opportunity, broken relationship, rejection) failed to kill us.  That's a powerful thought.   When I begin goal setting with celebration, 2 great things happen.

1.  I give myself permission to make mistakes.  
2.  I immediately feel stronger and more creative.  I'm a badass!!  

Thought For Today: What has failed to kill you?  

I'll be writing my answer over in our secret Healthy Homies Facebook group.  Contact me at blackfeministfitness@gmail.com if you want to be added.  

I love you, and I'll see you soon!  Thank you for letting me be of service.
-Courtney


No comments:

Post a Comment