Friday, February 12, 2016

A new Zumba class!!

I've been going to Zumba class for a few years and have been an instructor for a few months.  I have been looking for more Zumba classes to teach.

 Today I met with a group of incarcerated women at a transitional home in Concord, NH.  I was there to talk to them about a book discussion group I am starting there.  One woman asked about the day and time of the group, and I said that the coordinator would figure it out.  Our time was limited because I teach at UNH, teach 9 fitness classes per week, and work at 3 different gyms.  I mentioned that I teach Zumba.  The women asked me about Zumba and said that they want a class.
 Because I believe in asking ("Let them tell you no" is my motto), I did, and the coordinator approved it.  This will be the first fitness class offered to these women, and I'm so excited to work with them!

The lesson here is that there are always opportunities to be of service to others.  Another lesson is that there is always someone somewhere waiting for you to show up!

No comments:

Post a Comment