Thursday, February 13, 2014

February Burpee Challenge



This month, our dear friend Alex put together a burpee calendar.  This thing is ridiculous, and I mean that in the best way possible.  I should say that I've never been one to be able to do a burpee.  I remember having to do 20 maybe a year ago.  Don't ask me why.  All I remember is that those things took me literally all day to do them.  It was the hardest thing I had ever done to that point, and clearly I haven't learned my lesson.

 So for this challenge, we add 3 burpees every day and we get a rest day every fifth day.  In the beginning, it was cool to do 3, 6, 9.  Even 12 wasn't ridiculous.  However, somewhere around 18 it started to get real for me.  These things are hard, and I'm struggling to stay positive about them.  I like them at the beginning, and I even like them at the middle.  However, adding 3 every day makes the end point seem soooo much farther away.  Every time I finish the day's set, I dread the next day's assignment.

 When I'm not stressing over things like that, I am happily surprised at my ability to do more than one at a time and my proficiency at getting off the floor.  I'm always amazed when I can get off the floor with ease.

This is all to say that I'm enjoying the burpees, but they're getting more difficult as the days stretch on.  Luckily February is a short month.  We have to do 69 on the last day.  I'm trying not to think about that.

1 comment:

  1. We can do it, Courtney! We're doing it. This is the hardest challenge I've ever done. I'm proud to say I've only missed one day...and I made it up on my rest day. I'm so happy we're suffering through these bad boys together!

    ReplyDelete