Saturday, February 8, 2014

Yesterday I jumped!

One of my goals for 2014 is to jump.  As in both feet off the floor.  Yesterday at Coach Royce's class we had long jumps as a part of our circuit.  *The rest of the circuit was push-ups on weights, bridges done while crushing a ball between our knees, TRX hamstring curls, ABC planks, some move where we sat on the floor, leaned back, and threw punches with weights (this was hard!), curb jumps, lunges on the Bosu ball, and wall sits done while holding a 25 lb. plate overhead.  This was after a nice warm up of inchworms, mountain climbers, and jumping jacks.  (This wasn't even the whole class.  We did more lunges, squats, and this fun high five crunch partner exercise afterwards.  Coach Royce don't play NO games.)

So anyways, I never trusted my ankles and knees to handle the long jump.  I have an irrational fear of breaking my feet.  However, I decided to do the move and I was able to jump a little ways.  I won't be on a Wheaties box, but I'm happy to check something off my list!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment