Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Beast Training-65 Days!


I don't think I've ever wanted something so bad in my whole life!  I'm 65 days away, and I'm starting to get more excited.  For the past couple of days I've been sidelined with a cold.  In fact, I was so tired last night that I went to bed without posting an update (I went to HIIT class).  I took medicine and rested; I'm feeling ready to get back to it!
 Today was a ok day.  I went to Zumba this morning and hip hop cardio tonight.  Sometimes I wonder if my time would be better spent on the treadmill or doing  laps with kettlebells (ooh, I should carry kettlebells around during my stairs workout), but I think making time for dance fitness offers two benefits.


 The first is physical.  I like that it promotes coordination and quick movement.  My ankles and knees often feel stiff, so having some added mobility will help me when I have to move across uneven terrain.  Switching direction while dancing has improved my balance.


 The second is mental.  I get to work and laugh alongside my Super buddy (and super buddy) Alex.  There are no giggles on the treadmill; there are always giggles with Alex.  Actually, today we had cookies.  So much Spartaning up!  Alex always makes me want to be a better athlete.  Today I told her that wall climbs are my next goal.  (Maybe I'll shuffle ball change my way across the finish line.). 
 Tomorrow is a distance day, so my plan is to hit the treadmill before and after Zumba.  My goal is 2 miles before and 2 miles after.  I'll be sure to have some podcasts ready to listen to!

Time for bed!  AROO!  AROO!  AROO!

No comments:

Post a Comment