Sunday, March 15, 2015

Beast Training-34 Days


I wrote this post last night, but fell asleep before I posted it.  Classy!

Yesterday was my first training walk outside.  I know, I know.  I'm surprised that the weather cooperated too.  Don't worry though.  It's snowing now.  The plan called for 8 miles, and I did 7.2.  I only stopped because I had to get to EverProven to do 15.3.

 The walk was great!  I found a new breakfast place and visited a consignment shop.  Look at this creepy doll!

That cat picture is pretty sweet.

I feel much more confident in my abilities to get through the Beast course.  I still need to incorporate more hills and trail walking, but the fact that I could stay in my feet for a few hours is important.  My shoes and Camelbak were comfortable.  It was chilly, so I will bring a hat if it's this cold in November.

 I'm still freaking out, but I'm excited that this is feeling attainable.  Next week is spring break, so I'll make it a point to find an unpaved trail.


Seriously this doll is spooking me out.  

This cutie not so much.  Where are his pants?  I love his chubby thighs.

One thing that is on my mind is dealing with leg cramps.  I got them really bad at the Sprint, so I'll get some advice this week.

 oh good news!  I met someone in Facebook (Griselda) who is walking the course with a group of friends, and we're starting at the same time.  Looks like we'll have some buddies on this field trip.

It's almost a month away!  AROO!  AROO!  AROO!


No comments:

Post a Comment