Monday, March 9, 2015

Beast Training-39 Days

I was pretty ready to sit down at this point in the day.

A little post circuit selfie!  tee hee These thangs are getting long!!  Today was ring rows, deadlifts, clean and presses (sounds like a dry cleaner), kettlebell rack walks, burpees, squats, and lunges.  Planks too!  It was a lot.  For the first time I couldn't go to barre class because I had to devote my energy to this stuff.  I was a little bummed.  
 Today I talked to Ken, a guy catching a ride down to NJ with us.  I also chatted with my old college buddy Jennifer.  She just decided to sign up for the race a few days ago. Today she went to hot yoga and had a good time!

I never know what weights to use for these.  I did a 135 deadlift and a 65 clean and press.  

 Tonight on Facebook I read a story about a team who during the spartan race in Atlanta collected more and more people as they went along. They originally thought that their race would take two hours, but it wound up being six hours by the time they finish with all of their new friends. They posted pictures that they took at every mile post sign and this really touched my heart. I am very excited to be able to do this race with people I really care about! Jennifer is a dear friend and I know we're going to have a great time out on the course. I know that being with her will make the time zoom by! I also hope that she will bring delicious snacks on the road with us.
It was also weigh in day at Weight Watchers.  I earned my 10% charm.  I should find a place to keep all of them.



 39 days to go!  This weekend I test Gatorades.  AROO!  AROO!  AROO!

No comments:

Post a Comment