Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Unbothered Day 18: Experiment On Yourself!

One of my favorite sayings when it comes to goal setting is that I always have the option to change my mind about my methods.  I don't have to do anything just because it works for someone else. Being flexible has gotten me far because it keeps me from getting frustrated and exhausted.  If one thing doesn't work out, I try something else.  I've been doing this for 3 years and the self-awareness I've gained is valuable.  Here are two recent examples from the past day.


Food Choices
I do not like breakfast foods, so instead of forcing myself to eat oatmeal or (ugh!) eggs when I don't want them, I eat foods that I used to only associate with dinner.  This morning I had a grilled chicken thigh, baby spinach, and asparagus for breakfast.  Delicious and filling!  Meat and spinach is a great meal for me.  I also like soup for breakfast.
I like having 2 veggies with each meal! 

Activity Choices
I had such a wonderful time at Saturday's triathlon, and I'd like to get more practice.  I learned about a local race that benefits girls, but when I looked at the website, I saw that they had a sprint distance with a half-mile swim.  I'm not ready to swim that much again and thought that I'd sit the race out. Then I saw that they have a mini-tri with a 200 yard swim.  That is a perfect distance.  The bike and run distances are also doable.  I'll get to practice the things I want to work on (open water swimming, transitions, gear shifting) and I'll do it using a distance that works for my abilities.  If I had a rigid idea of what triathlon looks like, I never would have found this fun race.
Add caption




Thought For Today:  If I've been having a rough time with a particular goal (eating more veggies, getting 8 hours of sleep, going to the gym 3 times a week), how might being flexible and playful in my approach help me?
As always, if you want some help making a plan, drop me a line.  I love you to pieces!!

No comments:

Post a Comment