Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Unbothered Day 25: "Grab something by the roots"


I left the gym this morning feeling really bad, and for the past couple of hours I've been brainstorming solutions (and watching the Love and Hip Hop reunion.  Chile, a mess!)  I came across this picture of Angela Davis in my phone and am starting to feel better.  Maybe I'll write up something about today's experience.

Sometimes being radical about my body means asking people clarifying questions or sharing a fat acceptance resource.  Sometimes it means rolling my eyes and leaving the room.  This is hard work, y'all, and I want you to know that I am here cheering you on as you go out there and choose to be radical.





I revisited this list that I got from The Moderation Movement.   This morning I chose to "walk away when the conversation turn[ed] to berating our bodies, and I chose to "stop the diet talk."  You might choose to toss clothes that don't fit.  All of these are great suggestions.




Thought For Today:  What's one thing I can choose to do today to support myself and my body-positive framework?

No comments:

Post a Comment