Thursday, August 6, 2015

Unbothered Day 6: 273

Yesterday I stood on a scale in front of a crowd of people on Fremont Street in Las Vegas.  Now a whole bunch of people (including you) know that I weigh 273 pounds.  Or at least I did last night.

Why do it at the time?  No real reason.  I did it because everybody else was doing it.  We were at the Heart Attack Grill (another post for another time), and while weighing wasn't a requirement for entrance, the scale was right outside the restaurant.  ok, I will say that this place is very strange because it was supposedly fat affirming (folks over 350 pounds eat for free), but it aligns fatness and death in terrible ways and seems to cater to fat men. Yeah, I'll write more later.  Back to the scale.  Little kids were having the most fun packing themselves on to see the number go up.  Someone weighed a bike.  It was a good time.  

 Why share it with you?  First off, I'm a ham.  Second, I want you to know something about my relationship to my weight.  Now, I'm not saying you have to do this (your body, your rules), but I am showing you how my personal rule of weight neutrality shapes my day.  My weight is data just like my brown eye color and O positive blood type.  Finally, I love pictures of fat people being cute and happy in public.

Thought For Today:  What might it be like to see my weight as another piece of data about myself, no more or less important than any other piece of information?



Pose 1!  The crowd seemed to get a kick out of this one.

Pose 2!  I asked Brian to take this one.


I also attended a pole dance class yesterday!


No comments:

Post a Comment