Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Ask A Sista: Day 15



Someone asked me yesterday about my 2016 goals.  I've had a really eventful year.  Not only did I do all kinds of races and other fun stuff, but I decided to change careers.  For those who don't know, I hold a PhD in English from UCLA and am currently an Assistant Professor of English and Women's Studies.  Next semester will be my last as a professor because I'm leaving it to do full-time work in fitness.  It will require a lot of adjusting to living on less, but working with people and promoting inclusive, joyous, and accessible exercise makes me really happy.

In the new year, I'd like to continue teaching my free community-based classes.  I want to develop a fitness dance party class, something really fun on a Friday/Saturday night.  I want to develop a family class where parents and kids can work out together.  I want to write a book and expand my YouTube channel.  I'm currently recruiting people to do workout videos with me.

I can't wait to see what the new year brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment