Wednesday, July 30, 2014

August Food Turn Up

I want to get my nutrition turned up.  By turned up, I mean that I want to eat food to help me deal with a vitamin deficiency. I have been told to eat more protein, fewer carbohydrates, and less fat.  (I really like fat!)  I've been told that I need to eat smaller meals throughout the day and schedule them around my workouts.  I want to see if changing my diet will benefit my athletic training too!!

I'm excited for a challenge, so for August I'm committing to logging my food and exercise here every day.  I'll find myself a nice picture/song to go along with this experiment.  I'm also committing to doing a weekly food prep to help me get organized.  I need to take the daily guesswork and indecision out of this.  I've got more important stuff to do!

They say that if you want to find out why you do something, stop doing it.  August is going to be full of moments in which I find out why I do things.  First step tomorrow: Make a meal plan for 3 days.  I just need to get to Sunday.

I'm also going to make some lemony water!  Here's a recipe I found.

  • 1/2 a cucumber, sliced
  • 1 lemon, sliced
  • 1/4 of a peeled and sliced ginger root
  • 1/2 cup mint leaves

No comments:

Post a Comment