Friday, September 18, 2015

Girl, You Tried It!: Obstacle Course Racing

In this week's installment of "Girl, You Tried It!" I talk about a sport that has quickly become one of my favorites, obstacle course racing.  I was going for a double trifecta this year, but I did 5 out of 6 due to a squished knee.  (I can't do tomorrow's Killington Beast).  I still have Diva Dash (a 5K ocr), Tough Mudder, and the Fenway Spartan Sprint coming up, so I have lots of fun races in my future.


Here's me talking about my love of the sport.  This thumbnail is from the sandbag carry at the Pennsylvania Spartan Super!






Here's me going over the vertical cargo net at the Pennsylvania Spartan Sprint.  This obstacle came in the middle of a 1.5 mile trek up the mountain.  My battle buddy and fellow trifecta holder Jennifer is holding the GoPro.








Important Resources
Spartan Race
New England Spahtens (my regional OCR group-We do more than just Spartan races)


If you're digging what you see here, catch me on social media.
"Wrong Is Not My Name: Black Feminist Fitness"
Facebook: www.facebook.com/blackfeministfitness
Instagram and YouTube: blackfeministfitness
Twitter & Periscope: feministfitness

No comments:

Post a Comment