Lab Results on 11/22/13
- A1C: 8.7 (average blood sugar level for the past 3 months. A normal one is between 4 and 5.6%; above 6% means diabetes)
- Total cholesterol: 186 (We're supposed to have under 200)
- Triglycerides: 109
- LDL: 97 (lousy cholesterol)
- HDL: 67 (healthy cholesterol)
- Estimated average glucose: 203
Lab Results on 2/28/14
- A1C: 7.5
- Total Cholesterol: 153
- Triglycerides: 98 (This should be under 100!)
- LDL: 69 (My goal was to have this number below 70)
- HDL: 64 (A goal of 60 or above is good!)
- Estimated average glucose: 168
My goal for my June visit is to have an even lower A1C. If I can get it to 6-7, that would be super! I think I can do this by eating consistently, continuing to exercise regularly, and taking my medication as prescribed.
Hooray for me!!