Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Spartans, what is your profession? Aroo! Aroo! Aroo!





For the past few weeks, I've been feeling like I need to shake up my exercise routine.  I've been faithfully making my daily workouts.  I'm still loving every minute of Alex's classes.  Dancing is fun, and I think I have a real future in it.  Coach Royce continues to teach me about muscles I never knew I had!  Over the past year with him, I've learned to do push ups, plans, burpees, and lunges.  Mountain climbers and I still aren't very cool, but we're working on it.  I've lifted more weights than I ever thought I'd do, and twice a week, I am amazed at just how much I can sweat.

On Sunday, I did what for me is the scariest thing I've done in a very long time.  I registered for the Spartan Sprint.  It's a 3-mile obstacle race.  It's in August.  Did I mention that it's a 3-mile obstacle race?   Luckily I've got almost 5 months to prepare.
 While I don't know what the obstacles are, my research shows that some of them involve climbing over a wall, going up a cargo net, and climbing a rope.  If you can't do the obstacle, you pay a 30 burpee penalty.  I did lots of research on the sprint because I wasn't sure if it's something I can realistically complete.  Luckily, I learned that this thing is a mutha for everybody and that there are obstacles that are difficult for everybody.  Over the next five months, I'll be working on increasing my upper body strength, building my endurance (especially for outdoor activities) and improving my burpee count.

Did I mention that this thing is in August?  Girl...

We can do it!


No comments:

Post a Comment