Thursday, May 1, 2014

Summer is Here!





I've been caught up in the end of a very busy and exhausting semester.  Yesterday was my last day of teaching, and I'm looking forward to four months of research, writing, and exercise.  I'll get to go to CrossFit more often now that I'm not teaching on Monday and Wednesday afternoon.  My plan is to go on Monday and Wednesday at noon (since it's impossible to fit the 5:45 and 8:15am classes around Alex's 7am Zumba class).
 For the month of May, I'm challenging myself to walk a mile a day outside every day.  I don't do much walking and find it to be boring, but I need to get some outdoor practice to get my footsies Spartaned up for August.  It's still pretty chilly here, so walking outdoor will be pleasurable.   I'll work hard to keep it cute as the weather heats up (if it ever heats up).
 Another big challenge for the summer will be managing fatigue and muscle soreness.  While I am careful to stretch, drink water, and get enough sleep (well except for this end of the semester), I still get plagued with sore muscles and post-workout sleepiness.  This only happens at the beginning of a new routine.  For example, when I first started group fitness classes, I'd need a nap as soon as I got home.  For much of Coach Royce's classes, the running joke is how I can't do anything on Friday night except sleep.  Now that I'm combining Zumba and CrossFit, I'm getting used to being tired again.  I have a lot of writing to do this summer, so I want to be sure to manage these feelings and still get my work done.

No comments:

Post a Comment