Saturday, January 31, 2015

Beast Training-76 Days (Walking Indoors is Boring!!)

Today my goal was to go 4 miles, but it's cold and icy outside.  I put on my luchador socks and strutted over to the gym.


First I went to the indoor track over the basketball court.  I quickly lost count of the number of laps I had done, so that was classy and awesome.  I did have a backpack full of stuff to simulate the race course, but no Camelbak.  I brought a small bag of honey roasted peanuts, so that was pretty badass.

Feeling like this really shouldn't be this difficult and that maybe a PhD should have prepared me, I went down to the treadmill and hopped on.  I walked for a bit and listened to the end of The Read.  I had the brilliant idea to try out some of the presets.  Note:  When they ask you for a maximum speed and incline, don't think that they're just being nice and won't use it.  So after that heart attack, I did a manual program and put it on the maximum incline to see how I liked it.  

It's on 10.0, but fuzzy because I couldn't keep still.  I really liked that experiment.

After the gym I went to the library and picked up a portable foods cookbook.  I have to think about race nutrition, so I'll try some of these recipes.

There are some yummy things in here.  
Tomorrow is a rest day, but I plan to hit the gym and do some more walking and swimming.  That will be nice!  More snow is on the way.  That will not be so nice.

AROO!  AROO!  AROO!  

No comments:

Post a Comment