Sunday, January 11, 2015

Throw Some (Vitamin) D's On It

Last week I went to the doctor's office to get the results of some blood work.  Usually when I go, the doctor has to cuss me out about one thing or another.  Luckily, over the past year, I've been off her hit list.  At this visit, I got good news about my reduced hemoglobin A1C.  I'm almost out of the diabetic range and this is without medication.  GLORY!!  My cholesterol is vastly improved, and my blood pressure is normal.  This is all without medication.

 Unfortunately, I learned that I'm vitamin D deficient.  I had gone to another doctor last year and he told me that I had low levels.  It seems that it's getting worse.  He told me to take a vitamin, but I haven't taken them consistently.  Now is the time to get serious about it.  They say that vitamin deficiency causes you to feel blah and tired, but it can also lead to brittle bones because vitamin D helps our bodies absorb calcium.  I don't want rickets.  That ain't cute.

So my goal for the week is to pick up a Vitamin D supplement tomorrow morning and take it regularly this week.  I'll also have a redo of last week's goals.  I didn't do my running drills this week. There are fewer than 100 days to the Beast, so I'll prioritize hill walking this week.

Time to get to it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment